Nutrition Counseling & Workshops to Improve Your Health
Iris Briand: Founder, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Iris was raised on an Organic orchard in the Willamette Valley, where she grew up working on the family’s fruit & vegetable farm.
Her nutritional education centers on assisting others to make healthy food choices and enhance their natural energy levels.
- Her culinary focus is primarily based on creative ways to include more delicious plant-foods and homemade sauces.
- She is sensitive to the diversity of each person’s individualized needs, and often adjusts recipes for special diets.
Ms. Briand currently guides her personal clients through her nutrition-coaching program, interactive workshops, and through her career as a Dietitian Provider at local health centers :
- 2BWell Clinic in Lake Oswego and Downtown Portland
- Geri Care, Formally Multnomah Family Care Center in Multnomah Village, Portland
Sol Food Nutrition Specializes in the Following Areas:
- Improving mood and negative thinking
- Overcoming digestive problems
- Reducing "carb cravings" and sugar addiction
- Improving Nutritional Deficiency (Including Vitamin B complex)
- Integrating physical activity into lifestyle
- Developing a positive self image and relationship with food
- Overcoming diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Reversing weight gain, obesity, and hypertension
- Improving autoimmune and thyroid disorders
- Balancing cholesterol and lipids
- Overcoming lack of physical energy / poor sleep quality
- Designing specialty diets for food allergies/intolerances
- Stopping dependence on fast food and convenience foods
- Currently serves as the Nutrition Provider at Multnomah Family Care Center and 2BWell Clinic, providing nutrition and lifestyle coaching for patients, 2013-Current
- Instructs Workshop Series, and has taught courses at Multnomah Athletic Club, Pro Health Chiropractic, Lordex Spine Institute, Cascade Chiropractic, Elements Massage, Williams Sonoma, New Seasons Market, and Whole Foods Market, 2013-Current
- Served as the Clinical Dietitian at Robison Jewish Health Center and Rose Schnitzer Manor in Portland, Oregon, 2013-2015
- Served as the Nutrition Instructor at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute, where she designed original course curriculum and organized staff's Wellness Courses, 2013
- Graduated with Honors from Oregon State University with a Bachelors of Science in Nutrition, 2011
- Completed the 1,500 hour dietetics internship program with Life University in Atlanta, GA, where she taught nutrition courses and provided recipe improvements to companies, non-profits, and Georgia schools, 2012